Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The hubs and I just experimented with spaghetti squash. I had never seen it in the grocery store and come to think of it, I'm not sure I've ever actually heard of it. Boy, were they right on when they named this vegetable!


I think I'm in love. I was a little worried at first about what it would taste like and if it would resemble spaghetti in the least. Not only did it taste similar to spaghetti, I would argue it may even taste better! We combined the squash with butter, basil, chives, sage and garlic, after cooking the squash (cut in half longways) for 45 minutes. We threw in some tomatoes as well and gently tossed all of the ingredients over low heat in a skillet and topped it with parmigiano reggiano. It is so so soooo good! I found a few recipes from mothers who use the squash as a way to get their kids to eat vegetables without realizing they are actually eating vegetables! Ingenious and fairly simple!

No comments:

Post a Comment