Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I'll cry if I want to...

lI'm starting to think I'm not very good at this life thing. I thought I had gotten better at it after I finished school which was an extremely rough time and not one I really want to go into right now. I was excited to have free time. I was excited to get a job, be able to take up new hobbies, buy a house and decorate, the list goes on and on.

I'm exhausted. I feel like I'm having a mental breakdown of sorts. Recently my boss has been giving me some trouble. He's one of those types who refuses to retire but probably should have retired by now. He's forgetful, he's getting slower and he's Type A with a need to have his shakey hand in every project. Needless to say, it's been difficult dealing with him, especially lately. I'm feeling some pressure on the project I'm leading and tirelessly trying to stay on schedule, with not much help from my boss who ultimately needs sign off on what I'm doing.

So, I come home exhausted, feeling upset and defeated. I have no energy to Shred (it's been 5 days - so much for 30 day shred), I eat cereal for dinner and I look around my house and get depressed about it's current state - the bedroom wall that needs a second coat of paint, the laundry that still needs to be folded and put away, the 30 year old coffee table and end tables we "inherited", projects I've started and have found no time to finish. I accidentally dropped a pack of tissues on the floor last week and for some reason haven't had the energy or found the time to pick them up... pathetic right?

I'm in need of a mental health day week. I need to re-motivate myself. I need to feel rejuvenated. That unfortunately doesn't look like it's going to happen any time soon. I know I should just pick myself up, dust myself off and get over it, but I gave that a try and I failed. So until someone surprises me with vacation, pity party it is.


3 comments:

  1. Sorry things are rough for ya. I'll help you come paint if that'd make you feel better?

    Besides, just make it a 35 day shred. Who has energy to work out every day? Not me. I just ate raw cookie dough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you hate when this happens! I say take a day off-- you deserve it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my God Jessica I love you! I would totally take you up on your offer if you lived closer (though it doesn't look like you live too too far!) Thanks for cheering me up a bit girls. It's nice to know someone has your back! P.S. Jessica - those fish tacos look awesome! I've recently discovered them and am obsessed! Hope you two are having a good week!

    ReplyDelete