Thursday, August 12, 2010

apple pie.

I’m by no means fat, but I certainly wouldn’t describe myself as skinny. I’ve never been skinny, and lets just say, I’ve always had a little something extra to hold on to. I’ve been an athlete my whole life and 5 times a week you can usually find me exercising whether it be going for a run, playing tennis, or kicking the soccer ball. So, you’d think I’d be thinner…

My problem is, and always has been, that I enjoy food. I enjoy eating! I’m happy when I eat… though not always happy after I eat. I usually feel a lot of regret but that doesn’t seem to stop me at the next meal. My husband and I eat extremely healthy during the week and if you saw our shopping cart at the grocery store you’d think we were absolute health nuts! We rarely have snacks in the house, and when we do, they usually consist of healthy snacks and fruit. Weekends however are a different story… we sort of let ourselves go and undo all of our hard work during the week. Sigh…

My husband has always told me, even while we were dating, that he was grateful that I wasn’t the type of girl to order a salad; that I could “keep up with him” at the dinner table. I’m still questioning whether I should take that as a compliment or use that as a reality check.

I seem to constantly be trying to lose weight and I’ve lost the same 25-30lbs, many, many times. I’ve been thinking more and more about my weight recently, as it relates to the pregnancy that I hope to experience sooner rather than later (see he’ll come around)… Needless to say, I’m worried. I know that pregnancy = weight gain and I know once you have a baby, time for exercise or anything else for that matter, becomes non-existent. To be honest, I worry about becoming overweight and never finding the time to lose the weight.

Cue Gweneth Paltrow:
“After my first pregnancy, the weight had come off a little bit better but after the second one it was really stubborn. It was really hanging on. It was not easy and, when I started it, it was by far the hardest thing I have ever done – but I really was seeing results so it motivated me to just work through it … Every woman can make time—every woman—and you can do it with your baby in the room. There have been countless times where I’ve worked out with my kids crawling around all over the place. You just make it work, and if it’s important to you, it’ll be important to them.”
Hmm, if I had the money to hire a personal trainer and didn’t have to work 50 hours a week…

Anyway, I hope to lose some weight, and have already started dieting a bit, before my first pregnancy (which seems far off at this point) and I hope to keep my exercise regimen in tact, for the most part, and/or modify it once a baby does come along…

I have been craving warm apple pie with vanilla icecream though… and I did get a pretty sweet kitchenaid mixer as a wedding gift… and I did exercise this week… and I do dream of being the next Martha Stewart… and it is the weekend…

Weekend Baking Experiement #1: Old-Fashioned Apple Pie

No comments:

Post a Comment