Thursday, August 12, 2010

he'll come around...

Almost immediately after we were married I started feeling the urge to have kids. Yes, we’re still young. Yes, there are still many places we’d like to travel. Yes, we still have a lot of work to do on the house. None of these things however make me want a baby any less or any later in life. With my husband, it’s a different story…

His ideal age to have kids is late 30′s. My ideal age would be, well, now! We both agree on 3 kids, so that’s a start, but ideally I’d like to be finished having kids in my mid-30′s. Discussions over what time is the right time leave me frustrated, wanting a baby more and more and feeling like it’s never going to happen. Now, I know that’s not true. I know that he’ll come around. I just wish I knew how to help make him more comfortable with the idea and I wish I could figure out how to help us meet in the middle… he’ll come around. Right?

How did you and your spouse decide what time was the right time?

No comments:

Post a Comment