Thursday, August 26, 2010

must. shred.

I've been an athlete my entire life. My parents (well, my mom) started me in ballet, tap, and jazz (what mother doesn't want to see their little girl in a tutu and ballet slippers?) but my dad quickly realized (or secretly hoped) that I wasn't "that" kind of girl and quickly signed me up for soccer. Ballet lost out and I soon joined club teams, traveling all over to play soccer, guest playing on boys teams, making the varsity soccer team at my high school (as a freshman I might add - one of 2 freshman to make the team) and playing on the club team in college.

In the past couple of years, after college, I've barely touched a ball and I've taken to running for exercise and recently I've gotten pretty bored with the whole idea, even though the hubs and furbaby run with me. I'm not seeing results as quickly as I'd like, or as quickly as I did playing soccer and really wanted to find something to supplement my running. I might also mention that in one of my last games (a coed intramural game in college) an inebriated young man proceeded to cleat me in the knee leaving the tip of my tibia fractured and my ACL hyper-extended... I was told that if I didn't plan on playing soccer competitively that I wouldn't need the surgery - recently it has started to bother me again...

So after much debate, I've decided on Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. I've heard and read rave reviews about this and have been told repeatedly that she is going to kick my butt, and to prepare myself. I've talked to some friends who said it took them a while to move on to Day 2!



Amazon has informed me that Jillian will be making her debut in my living room next week. I say, bring it on Jill-Jill!

3 comments:

  1. I'm doing The Shred right now! Day one killed, but after Day 2, I felt like I could do it! For me, it's harder in the beginning of the workout, but by the time I get to the end, it seems easy. Just be careful on the squats. I felt really good and did full on squats on the first day. I was sore for a week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sooo ready to feel the burn! Must lose the "Wedding 15" I've put on... ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am doing it again too! I started back last night and I am feeling it today, but did night number 2 and feel great. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!!! :) Can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete