Monday, August 30, 2010

tick tock.

Baby fever continues. This past weekend hubs and I went out to dinner with some friends. One couple has a 2 year old and one on the way. In an effort to dissuade me and my desire to get pregnant, the hubs thought that if I sat next to the 2 year old I'd be completely turned off - especially because the baby would be cranky, hungry and tired. Boy did that plan backfire. Not only did it not dissuade me, it made me want one even more! The crying/screaming didn't really make me panic or make me think "shut that kid up already!", it made me want to hold him and play peekaboo to get him to calm down. I could also see how thrilled and excited our pregnant friend was to have their second child. She was radiant and glowing and ready to pop!

Hubs and I always talk/talked about having kids, and I know that it will happen but it has to be right for both of us. I hate feeling like I am pushing the issue but honestly, is the guy ever the one to say, "honey, I think it's time to get you preggo?" I think not. Research shows that by the time a woman reaches the age of 30, she loses up to 90% of her eggs. After learning that both of our mothers had their first child at 27, I think he is starting to realize that sooner is better than later especially since he wants 3 kids! He not so secretly hopes that we're blessed with triplets and "get it over with all at once". Lovely way to think of it, don't you think?

Until then... my biological clock is ticking...


love this clock (from esty) by the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment