Thursday, August 12, 2010

blogspot and dinner.

I promise I didn't post all of these posts today, despite the date at the top of each of them. I had previously been using Wordpress and determined that it didn't allow me as much flexibility with my blog as I think I might like. I'm still new to this blogging thing and I'm hoping to learn enough, and quickly, to make my blog a bit more visually representative of me! Any tips are greatly appreciated!

In other news, it's pouring and there is a tornado watch, so it doesn't appear that a run or a couple matches of tennis is going to happen tonight... but I think I'm more than ok with that. Lounging around and making dinner with the hubs seems like a much better option.
_______________________________________________________

Tonight we made a really yummy recipe: Baked Chicken and Artichokes - highly recommend it!


  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 1 1/4 pounds)
  • 1/4 cup soya powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 small yellow onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
  • 1/2 pound button mushrooms, sliced
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped garlic
  • 1/2 cup dry white wine
  • 1 package (9 ounces) frozen artichokes, thawed and drained
  • 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
  • 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
  • salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh oregano, chopped 
  •  
    Directions:

    Preheat oven to 350F. Place bake mix, salt and pepper in a shallow plate. Dredge chicken in bake mix, tapping to remove any excess. In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken until lightly browned, turning once, about 4 minutes. Transfer to baking dish.Add onion to pan and saut until softened, about 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and saut until lightly golden, about 3 more minutes. Add garlic and saut until aroma is released, about 30 seconds. Stir in wine, artichokes, rosemary and red pepper flakes and bring to a simmer. Pour artichoke mixture over chicken, cover and bake 40 minutes, until chicken is tender and cooked through. Season with salt and pepper and stir in oregano before serving.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment